Anthony Firkser could be working in banking

Обсуждаем проекты инвестиций

Anthony Firkser could be working in banking

Сообщение douhua2233 » Вт фев 12, 2019 2:21 am

Anthony Firkser could be working in banking or finance Womens Brandon Williams Jersey , maybe even on Wall Street with the applied mathematics degree earned at Harvard.Luckily for the Titans, the converted wide receiver is playing tight end in Tennessee."He just makes it easy for us to throw it to him," Titans quartИзображениеerback Marcus Mariota said of Firkser. "Whether that's creating separation, using his body to make a couple tough catches. I think he's done a great job in just being friendly for us as quarterbacks."Firkser has caught every pass thrown to him, an unexpected but welcomed stat for the Titans (7-6). Tennessee lost three-time Pro Bowl tight end Delanie Walker in the season opener to a broken right ankle and a second starter when a knee injury forced Jonnu Smith to go on injured reserve.The Titans also have veteran Luke Stocker and MyCole Pruitt while adding tight end Cole Wick earlier this week. Firkser is the tight end in line for more work starting Sunday when they visit the New York Giants (5-8) thanks to his production already."They've all gotten better and tried to find a little niche in our offense," coach Mike Vrabel. "With that being said, MyCole is going to get more opportunity. Firkser is going to get more opportunity. What do I like about Firkser? I would say that when you throw the guy the ball, he usually catches it. Hopefully, he gets more opportunities to do that and work him into the run game.Firkser already ranked second on the Titans for most catches among tight ends this season, but he's also one of only two tight ends in the NFL this season with at least 15 targets to catch every pass thrown at him. Firkser has 16 catches for 201 yards and a touchdown, and Ravens tight end Maxx Williams has caught all 15 passes thrown to him."You can see the confidence building in him, so we've just got to continue to find ways to get him the football Authentic Patrick Onwuasor Jersey ," Mariota said. "I think he's done a good job for us. He's made a couple big plays in critical situations, and from there I think he's got what it takes to help us out."A native of Manalapan, New Jersey, the 6-foot-2, 246-pound Firkser signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent in May 2017 only to be released at the end of the preseason. He sat at home for nearly three months until the Chiefs signed him to their practice squad at the end of November, and they signed him to a futures contract in January only to cut him April 30.Firkser came to Tennessee for a rookie tryout minicamp, and the Titans signed him May 14. He started the season on the active roster for two weeks before being cut, then was signed to the practice squad a day later. The Titans signed him back to the active roster Oct. 9, and all his production has come in the last eight games."We know Anthony's strong suit is as a receiver, and he's been working all year," Titans tight ends coach Arthur Smith said. "He's a very willing blocker. Same thing, we've got to make sure we put him in the right spots to play to his strengths."He even caught his first career touchdown pass just before halftime to help start the Titans' rally from a 16-point deficit in beating the New York Jets.Playing in the NFL may have been a dream when Firkser was a child. Playing in the Ivy League and competing in the Harvard classroom kept Firkser more focused on academics. Then he started hearing from NFL teams Authentic Alex Collins Jersey , keeping him away from the business world for now."I'm thankful and grateful for the opportunity that I've gotten here and just doing my best to keep contributing," Firkser said.Notes: OT Dennis Kelly, who is expected to replace Jack Conklin at right tackle, practiced Thursday after missing Wednesday for a personal matter. LB Brian Orakpo (elbow) missed a second straight practice, while WR Tajae Sharpe (ankle) did not practice after being limited Wednesday.Follow Teresa M. Walker at teresamwalker Carrying a three-game losing streak and a losing record, the Baltimore Ravens now face the burden of uncertainty at the quarterback position.Joe Flacco is nursing a hip injury that could keep him out of Sunday's game against Cincinnati, an AFC North matchup that carries huge ramifications for the sagging Ravens.With Baltimore coming off a bye, Flacco received an additional week of rest and treatment after sustaining the injury on Nov. 4 in the opening minutes of a 23-16 loss to Pittsburgh.Flacco went the distance, completed 23 of 37 passes for 206 yards. His status this week, however, is unclear."He's getting treatment, just like all the guys are getting treatment Womens Willie Snead IV Jersey , and we'll see," coach John Harbaugh said Monday. "I'd say that we'll know more as the week goes on and I'm hopeful all our guys play, including Joe."If Flacco can't play, rookie Lamar Jackson will likely get his first NFL start, although veteran Robert Griffin III is also an option. Griffin gets the nod in NFL experience, but he's been inactive in every game this season while Jackson has been used periodically because of his ability to run."It's up in the air. We're not worried about it," Harbaugh insisted. "We're blessed with a good quarterback room. It's a good thing, that's a positive thing. We've got three guys who can play. It's just like any other position in my mind. You go with the next guy and you roll."The Ravens (4-5) reached their bye week with losses to New Orleans, Carolina and Pittsburgh. The skid ruined a decent start and left the team in recovery mode as it seeks to snap a run of three straight seasons without reaching the playoffs.This is the 11th season that Harbaugh and Flacco have been together in Baltimore, and the coach would love to see his quarterback rally the Ravens into the postseason."Any direction we decide to go or we're forced to go, it will be based on the health of Joe. If Joe can play, he'll play Authentic Tavon Young Jersey ," Harbaugh said. "He's rehabbing to play. Joe does not have to practice to play. He's practiced the whole season, he's practiced for 11 years. But he might practice. We just have to see how it goes."The 33-year-old Flacco has played through many an injury throughout his career. He did so against the Steelers. His teammates feel that if he can walk, he will play."Joe is one of the toughest guys I've played with, maybe the toughest guy," guard Marshal Yanda said. "You never see him limping around, you never see him on the field showing any sign of weakness. He's just been a rock for us. I have nothing but respect for the guy."Tackles Ronnie Stanley (ankle) and James Hurst (back) did not play against the Steelers, but both are expected to return Sunday when the Ravens begin a stretch 鈥?with or without Flacco 鈥?that will define their season."We're in the hunt," Harbaugh said. "We'll write the story of the Ravens' 2018 season by how we play in the next seven weeks. That's what our guys are juiced up for. Get the Cincinnati Bengals in as fast as we can, and let's go play the game."
douhua2233
Директор
Директор

Вернуться в Проекты